Award Title: QQI Level 5 in Adventure Tourism
Programme Coordinator: Patrick McCormack
Award Code: 5M5148
Adventure Tourism (Outdoor Sports) is a one year full time course which gives students the opportunity to develop personal skills to enjoy outdoor adventure activities, based in the stunning location of the Barrow Valley.
By the end of the course students will have the knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications needed to instruct, lead and guide others in the outdoors.
This course is a great opportunity for anyone looking to get out and enjoy the outdoors be it for personal reasons or a future career choice.
Component Awards Additional Training & Certification
5N4646 Adventure Activities NGB Awards (National Governing Body)
5N5386 Outdoor Recreation Canoe Instructor (Canoeing Ireland)
5N4647 Outdoor Leadership/Safety Lowland Leader (Mountaineering Ireland)
5N1356 Work Experience Cycling Coach (Cycling Ireland)
5N0690 Communications RECAid
5N1207 First Aid Leave No Trace
5N4352 Adapted Physical Activity
This course provides the opportunity to progress to QQI Level 6 Awards
or related third level courses, such as Outdoor Education in GMIT (Level 8) or to the
Tourism and Business Level 6 courses within Duiske College.
€300 course fees + €200 government levy
(students may be exempt from government levy)
- Starting their own Small Adventure Tourism businesses
- Working as activity instructors Outdoor/Adventure Centres
- Work in international outdoor camps around the world
- Continue on to Degree courses in Outdoor Education
- To apply for this course, please complete the form here on FETCHCourses or contact Duiske College for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download our course brochure here
Please see FETCHCourses here